Home > News > Sports India News
Posted on Jan 29, 10:51AM | IBNS
Krishnalumar Rane of Mumbai Customs and Debashree Mazumdar of Income Tax, Kolkata on Monday became the fastest man and woman when they won the 100m run on the opening day of the 45th All-India Central Revenue Sports Meet 2012-13 at the Shiv-Chhatrapati Sports Complex, here. Athletes Krishna Kumar Rane, KS Arul Kumar and swimming Santana Kayal won the double crown winning two events they had entered into. Seasoned sprinter Rane clocked 10.05 seconds to beat M Vijay Kumar of Tamil Nadu Central Excise by 0.01 seconds, while Sundeep Parmar of Income Tax, Mumbai finished third with 10.08 seconds. In the women's race, Debashree Mazumdar clocked 12.02 seconds to beat Saranya Subramaniam of Tamil Nadu Income Tax, who crossed the line in 12.04 seconds.
Rumpa Nata of Central Excise, Kolkata, was third at 13.50 seconds.
In the swimming events, Subrata Mandal won the 100m freestyle gold medal with a timing of 1 minute 08.27 seconds, while KS Arul Kumar of Tamil Nadu Customs won the 100m backstroke title in 1:27.43.
Santana Kayal of Central Excise became the fastest woman swimmer, winning the 100m freestyle event in 1 minute 16.07 seconds.
Earlier, Member, Central Board of Excise and Customs, New Delhi, Sheila Sangwan inaugurated the meet.
MD of Bank of Maharashtra, Parth Sarthi; Olympan badminton player Nikhil Kanetkar; Chief Revenue Commissioner and Chairman of the Organizing Committee, Sanjeev Behari; Commissioner of Pune Customs and President of Organizing Committee, Vasa Seshagiri Rao and North Zone, Chief Commissioner Sunil Uke were also present.
1. Krishna Kumar Rane (Mumbai Customs) 10.05 s,
2. M Vijay Kumar (TN Central Excise) 10.06,
3. Sundeep Parmar (IT Mumbai) 10.08.
1. Debasree Mazumdar (IT Kolkata) 12.02s,
2. Saranya Subramaniam (TN IT) 12.04,
3. Rumpa Nath (Central Excise, Kolkata) 13.5.
1. Kanshari Duley (Central Excise, Kolkata) 12.5s,
2. Samuel Arokiaraj (TN Customs) 12.07,
3. Subhash Sail (IT Mumbai) 13.1.
1. JP Singh (CCE Delhi) 13.7m,
2. P Selva Kumar (TN IT) 12.10,
3. Nimesh Desai (Mumbai Customs) 11.45.
1. Suman Devi (CCE Lucknow) 11.65m,
2. Sushma Devi (Ahmedabad) 10.10,
3. Sugandhi Kadam (IT Mumbai) 8.25.
1. Subrata Mandal (CC, Bengal) 1:08.27,
2. Jitendra Khasnis (Central Excise, Pune) 1:10.63,
3. Ruturaj Vaidya (Central Excise, Pune) 1:27.35.
1. KS Arul Kumar (Customs, TN) 1:27.43,
2. Dilip Vaidya (IT Mumbai) 1:34.17,
3. M Raghu 1:40.06.
1. Ramprasad Naskar (Central Excise, Kolkata) 1:27.72,
2. MH Gayen (Central Excise, Kolkata) 1:29.85,
3. R Manimohan (Central Excise, TN) 1:31.96.
1. KS Arul Kumar (Customs TN) 1:13.18,
2. SR Bandekar (Customs, Pune) 1:38.17.
50m freestyle (plus-50):
1. Joseph Kouk (Central Excise, Delhi) 31.97s,
2. DG Bhagwat 33.23,
3. Prabir Mukherjee (IT Kolkata) 34.29.
1. Santana Kayal (Central Excise, Kolkata) 1:16.07,
2. Sounisha Das (IT Kolkata) 1:20.05,
3. Urmila Khatavkar (IT Pune) 1:42.17.
1. Sounisa Das (IT Kolkata) 1:29.17,
2. Khushi Santra (Central Excise Kolkata) 1:42.93,
3. Snehal Rajput (IT Mumbai) 2:30.39.
1. Sayani Paul (IT Kolkata) 1:40.17,
2. Monika Mondal (IT Kolkata) 1:42.93,
3. Snehal Rajput (IT Mumbai) 2:24.49.
100m butterfly stroke:
1. Santana Kayal (Central Excise Kolkata) 1:34.29,
2. Monika Mondal (Central Excise Kolkata) 1:34.29.
50m freestyle (plus-45):
1. Kalpana Chate (WZ) 1: 22.60,
2. Smita Dolas (WZ) 1:33.09.