Food poisoning sickens over 100 school children in Jehanabad
More then 100 school children were hospitalized, after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Jehanabad district of Bihar on Thursday.
Guardians informed that the children, who ate mid-day meal, started feeling dizzy and suffered severe stomach ache after consuming it.
"We arrived at the hospital and asked our children that what has happened. They told me that they were having vomiting sensation since the afternoon,"said Chariya Devi, mother of a child admitted in hospital.
The doctors, attending the children, said that situation is under control.
"Treatment was required for these children, so they are being treated and the situation is under control," said Ajit Kumar, a doctor.
According to latest reports, furious local guardians had taken the principal hostage and refused to send their children to the school in future. However, the local authorities later rescued the principal.