Home > News > More News
Posted on Dec 13, 07:10PM | IBNS
A big broke out in the congested Chandni Chowk area of the national capital on Thursday evening, causing panic across the neighbourhood but initial reports said there was no casualty.
At around 5-20 pm, the fire broke out in the electrical market of Chandni Chowk which is also close to residential houses.
At least 22 fire tenders rushed to the spot in old Delhi to douse the flames, officials said.
The fire was fanned by inflammable plastic materials as it spread.
There is no report of injury or anyone being trapped inside, a Delhi fire brigade official said, but added that he was not "hundred percent sure" that no one was indeed not inside the building which is in flames.
The cause of the fire could be a short circuit.