Boris Johnson dancing at Olympics closing ceremony 'most talked-about event' on Twitter
London Mayor Boris Johnson dancing at the Olympics closing ceremony was the most talked-about event of 2012 among Twitter users in the UK, the micro blogging site has revealed.
The site has revealed its most talked about topics as part of a review of 2012.
According to the Telegraph, sport dominated Twitter's list, with Usain Bolt's Olympic 100 metres win coming fourth in the list, followed by Mr Bean's appearance in the Olympics opening ceremony.
The list of top trends also showed that The Hunger Games was the most talked-about film of the year, while American rapper Rick Ross was the top trending music artist.
Ross was ahead of Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift, the report said.
The list of top tweets on the site is as follows:
1. Boris Johnson's dad-dancing at Olympics closing ceremony
2. Euro 2012: England lose to Italy on penalties
3. Faves Ella Henderson and James Arthur in the bottom two on The X Factor
4. Usain Bolt wins the Olympics 100 metres final
5. Chariots Of Fire sketch featuring Mr Bean at Olympics opening ceremony
6. Rylan Clark and Kye Sones X Factor deadlock
7. Theo Walcott scores for England v Sweden at Euro 2012
8. Gary Barlow storms off X Factor after Carolynne Poole loses out in sing-off
9. Joleon Lescott scores for England v France at Euro 2012
10. Cristiano Ronaldo's last- minute winner for Real Madrid v Man City in the