Kim Kardashian's 'heart completely broken' by death of kitten Mercy
Kim Kardashian, whose beloved Persian kitten 'Mercy' died from stomach cancer, is saddened by the passing away of the feline.
According to the reality star's personal blog, Mercy, who had been named so after Kanye West's hit single, dies from a rare form of stomach cancer.
"My heart is completely broken," the New York Daily News quoted her as writing.
Mercy's short, but well-documented life as a Kardashian was fragile from the start. The kitten was a gift from the rapper and instantly became the socialite's best buddy on Instagram.
It wasn't long before fans started noticing that four-month-old Mercy didn't seem too happy about the exposure and all the snuggling that came with it.
Tragedy struck when the 32-year-old found out that she was allergic to cats. Not wanting to resort to injections, she gave the cat to her sister Khloe Kardashian Odom's assistant, Sydney Hitchcock, who had recently lost her own cuddly cat friend.
"Mercy deserved a mom who could really give her the time and affection she deserved," Kim wrote on her blog.
According to E! online, sources said that with one of Kim's assistants in tow, Mercy flew from Miami to L.A. and settled in with her new family.
After a couple of weeks, Sydney's boyfriend noticed that Mercy was looking limp. The cat was rushed to an animal hospital where the vets broke the harsh news that Mercy's stomach was filled with fluid and that aggressive treatment wouldn't have helped.
The next day the famous kitten was euthanized.