Home > News > Cricket News
Posted on Dec 08, 08:37PM | UNI
Pakistan blind cricket team Skipper Zeeshan Abassi fell ill after consuming adultered water after breakfast at a hotel and he was admitted to a Hospital where doctors attending him said he was out of danger.
While the Pakistan team management said the water was contaminated with 'cleaning acid', the hotel management claimed it was diluted soap solution. Mr Abassi's condition is now stable though he will remain under observation in the hospital for a few more hours.
Naresh Shetty, Chief Medical Officer of the M S Ramiah Hospital, said the liquid ingested by Mr Abassi 'was not acid'. The hospital, however, could not confirm what the contaminant was as it did not have samples.
The Pakistan team are here to participate in the T20 World Cup for the Blind which began on December 2.
Abassi consumed the contaminated water but immediately spat out the liquid when he realised that it was not water.
Due to play against Bangladesh in a league match today, he proceeded to the match venue with the rest of the team.
However, he complained of soreness in the throat and the team management rushed him to the Hospital. M S Ramiah Hospital are the health partners for the tournament and hospital ambulances are stationed at all venues of the international tournament.