Home > News > More News
Posted on Dec 04, 10:04AM | IANS
A Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector died suffocated to death after a fire broke out in his house here, police said Monday.
"The incident was reported around 1.05 a.m. in Mansarovar Park area of east Delhi," said a police officer.
Manoj Gaur, an assistant sub-inspector posted at the East Communication Department of Delhi Police was asleep with his family when a fire broke out on the ground floor of the house due to a short circuit.
Gaur rushed out of the house with his wife and three children and doused the fire with the help of his neighbours.
When he went up to the second floor of the three-storeyed house, the fire broke out again and he was trapped on the stairs.
Fire tenders took an hour to douse the fire. Gaur was taken to Guru Teg Bahadur hospital were doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Sharma died due to suffocation as no major burn injuries were found on his body, police said.