Home > News > World News
Posted on Nov 26, 09:42AM | IANS
At least 10 people have died in Pakistan's Lahore metropolis after they drank a toxic cough syrup bought from two local medical stores.
The deaths occurred in Shahdara Town area, Geo News reported Sunday.
Police said at least 16 people bought the medicine from the two shops. Their condition deteriorated after they drank the medicine, and they had to be rushed to hospital.
Ten people died and the remaining six are under treatment.
Police said the victims used to take cough syrup for intoxication.
The owners of the medical stores have been taken into custody, and the toxic syrup sample sent to a laboratory for tests.