Home > News > World News
Posted on Nov 23, 10:07PM | IANS
Scotland Yard Friday said a third man had been charged with attempt to inflict "grievous bodily harm" on India's retired Lt. Gen. K.S. Brar, who led Operation Bluestar in Amritsar in 1984.
The third man has been identified as Dilbag Singh, 36, of no fixed abode. He was due to appear before the Westminster Magistrates Court.
The attack took place as Gen. Brar and his wife Meena Brar were returning to their hotel from dinner, in the vicinity of the busy Marble Arch in central London Sep 30.
Gen. Brar later said he was convinced the attack was allegedly carried out by "Khalistani" elements.
On Oct 8, two men had been charged for the attack: Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, from Wolverhampton, and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, from Birmingham.
Sangha was also charged with common assault on Meena Brar.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court Dec 7 for a Plea and Case Management Hearing.