Novak Djokovic ends 2012 with purse of USD 12.8 million
World No.1 tennis player Novak Djokovic ended the year with the highest prize money earned on the ATP World Tour this season.
The Serb in total bagged USD 12,803,737 while World No.2 and London Olympics men's singles silver medallist Roger Federer of Switzerland earned USD 8,584,842.
London Olympics gold medallist Andy Murray of Britain was third in the list with a total purse of USD 5,708,230 while 2008 Beijing Olympics gold medallist Rafael Nadal, who is out of action due to injury, ended with USD 4,997,448.
The top four won a Grand Slam each in 2012.
India's Leaner Paes is 33rd in the list with earnings of USD 762495.
The following is the top 10 list:
1. Novak Djokovic USD 12,803,737
2. Roger Federer USD 8,584,842
3. Andy Murray USD 5,708,230
4. Rafael Nadal USD 4,997,448
5. David Ferrer USD 4,409,340
6. Juan Martin del Potro USD 3,031,003
7. Tomas Berdych USD 2,973,967
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga USD 2,376,640
9. Janko Tipsarevic USD 2,063,737
10. Richard Gasquet USD 1,562,677