Home > News > West Bengal News
Posted on Nov 14, 04:31PM | UNI
A major fire broke out yesterday in a jute mill at Alambazar in North 24 Parganas district.
A fire brigade official here today said the fire that started in a large shed of the mill, was yet to be extinguished even after firemen with over a dozen fire tenders battled the blaze for more than 12 hours.
The cause of the fire and the extent of loses were yet to be ascertained, he said.
Fire Brigade sources further said fire of various intensity broke out at least at 17 places in the Barrackpore sub-division area from Beejpur to Baranagar last night. Out of 17, 11 were stated to be resulted from fireworks.