Home > News > Andhra Pradesh News
Posted on Nov 12, 09:35PM | IANS
The ruling Congress party in Andhra Pradesh Monday said there was no threat to the government following the decision of Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) to withdraw support.
State Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana hoped that the MIM would reconsider its decision. He said the party was ready to discuss and sort out any issues with its ally.
Satyanarayana, who is also a cabinet minister, denied the allegation made by MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi that the Congress government was encouraging communal forces.
Congress leader and union Minister of State for Tourism K. Chiranjeevi also claimed that there was no threat to the government. He said the government would continue till 2014.
Main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) welcomed the MIM's decision. TDP leader G. Muddukrishnama Naidu said the MIM had taken a right decision and claimed that only the TDP could protect secularism.
He demanded that the governor direct the Congress government to prove its majority in the assembly.
YSR Congress party also hailed the MIM's decision and challenged the TDP to move a no-confidence motion to bring down the government. YSR party spokesman Ambati Rambabu said the Congress government had been reduced to a minority and had thus lost the right to continue in power.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader M. Venkaiah Naidu accused the MIM of resorting to blackmail politics. He said the MIM was trying to prevent Hindus from performing puja at the temple abutting Charminar.