Home > News > More News
Posted on Nov 12, 06:45PM | UNI
Property worth Rs 70 lakh was gutted in a major fire that broke out at M/s Teva Pharma India private limited in Verna Industrial estate in south Goa.
However, timely arrival of Verna and Margao fire service personnel yesterday prevented the fire from spreading to other areas.
After receiving information of the fire, Verna fire station personnel immedately rushed to the site. fire tenders from Margao fire station were also pressed into service to tackle the fire and they brought it under control.
Verna Station fire officer S V Palni said the fire broke out in the UPS room. UPS Server, computers, office furniture, electrical panels, besides other material worth Rs 70 lakh were destroyed in the fire.
There are around 15 pharma units in the industrial estate, lacated next to Teva.
The fire services officials said the fire was caused by a short circuit, adding that the thrid floor was totally gutted.