New Delhi , Feb. 1 : Oracle's predictions for cloud computing in 2017 examine the forces that will influence the business ecosystem to help companies prioritise and adapt to today's realities. As the future gets reshaped by digital transformation, these predictions will help business leaders and CXOs plan and execute cloud strategies to help organisations emerge as winners.
The following are summarised predictions of Oracle for this year:
• Cloud-based mission-critical workloads will take off-
• Corporate-owned data center numbers will plummet
• Enterprise cloud becomes the most secure place for IT processing
• Digital transformation becomes the norm
• The cloud empowers small business innovation
Shailender Kumar, MD of Oracle India believes that cloud will be an integral part of transforming the way technology is consumed in 2017.
"India is uniquely positioned to benefit from cloud computing as cloud becomes an essential component of any organizations' IT and business strategies. Increased government spending on digital technologies, coupled with heightened demand from the private sector, continues to be a great boost for the industry," added Kumar.