• Saturday, 14 December 2019

ICC receives England and Wales Board complaint

Dubai, Jan 16 : The Chief Executive of the International Cricket Council (ICC) will ensure a full and comprehensive investigation is carried out of issues involving technology and the decision review system (DRS) as applied during the fourth Test between South Africa and England in Johannesburg following controversy and receipt of an official complaint from the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).

"We have received a letter of complaint from the ECB and we will launch a formal investigation into the exact circumstances surrounding the application of the decision review system after completion of the Johannesburg Test match," said ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat.

"There is a large amount of controversy, speculation and potentially unfair criticism circulating at present, so it is important to establish the exact facts before reaching any final conclusions," he said.

"This is early days for the DRS and so far we are pleased with its effectiveness and the value it can add to the game in support of umpires. However, we have always acknowledged there is room for further improvement in the available technology and this investigation will be conducted in that light so the system becomes even more reliable," Logart said.


Share it!
ICC receives England and Wales Board complaint



contact Post your comment

category Read other Cricket News stories

home page Visit Home Page for latest updates