New Delhi, Sept.3 ANI | 17 days ago

The Delhi High Court on Wednesday adjourned the hearing in the National Herald case involving Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi, till October 1.


"The judge felt that this extraordinary power of Section 482 (Saving of inherent powers of the High Court) should be used sparingly, and now, after they have argued for five days, he thinks that he should come to some finality. Thus he has fixed October 1 for a complete hearing, in which it will be decided whether the petition should be dismissed or the summons should be quashed," said Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy.

"There will be finality in this case. If by chance we can't complete our arguments on October 1, then the matter will be continued on October 9, after the Dussehra holidays. I am very happy that the matter will now be expedited," he added.

Earlier, Swamy had accused Sonia, Rahul and others of conspiring to cheat and misappropriate funds by just paying Rs 50 lakh by which Young Indian (YI) obtained the right to recover Rs 90.25 crore which the Associated Journals Limited (AJL) had owed to the Congress party.

Swamy has alleged that over Rs 2,000 crore worth of assets also got transferred to YI, whose 76 per cent of shareholding are with Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and the remaining shareholding of 24 per cent vests with the other accused.

(Posted on 04-09-2014)

Share This Page:


Post your comments


Information on States of India:

Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal

INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:

Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |

MORE MAPS OF INDIA:

Airports of India | Districts of India | India Pilgrim Centers | Tourism Map of India | National Highways in India | India Railway Routes |

INDIA CITY MAPS:

Ahmadabad | Bangalore | Chennai | Coimbatore | Delhi | Hyderabad/Secunderabad | Kochi | Kolkata | Mumbai | Pondicherry | Pune | Surat |

KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:

Alappuzha | Ernakulam | Idukki | Kannur | Kasaragod | Kollam | Kottayam | Kozhikode | Malappuram | Palakkad | Pathanamthitta | Thiruvananthapuram | Thrissur | Wayanad |