Rodgers assures new Liverpool season will not be 'The Mario Balotelli show'
Liverpool football team boss Brendan Rodgers has insisted that the club's harmony would not be affected by Mario Balotelli's arrival.
The controversial Italian striker joined Liverpool from AC Milan last week for 16 million pounds and has looked fantastic in training, according to his new boss. But Rodgers was adamant that Balotelli's place in the side is not guaranteed.
Rogers said that this is not 'the Mario Balotelli show', and added that the striker has a lot of work to do and the star of this team will always be the team, The BBC reported.
Former Manchester City striker Balotelli will come into consideration for the match at Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday with winger Adam Lallana available for his debut and left-back Albert Moreno also set to be involved.
Rodgers said that Balotelli is fine and added that the Italian has settled down very well and looked fantastic in training. He said that the striker is a good lad and has done very well.
The Liverpool boss said that Lallana will be in the squad, for sure, as he has looked fantastic in training. He added that Lallana is of course well short of match fitness but in training for the last couple of weeks he has been exceptional.
Rodgers also said that Moreno is recovering well but Glen Johnson is probably the one that will struggle to make the Tottenham game.
(Posted on 30-08-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign