Kolkata, Aug 30 IANS | 1 year ago

A fire broke out at the heritage Writers' Buildings here Saturday and three fire tenders were rushed to put out the blaze, an official said.

"The fire out broke out inside the transport department office at around 12 noon. Three fire tenders were pressed into service which doused the flame," said a fire service official.

"Prima facie it appears the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit," the official added.

No casualty or injuries were reported.

The centuries old Writers Buildings which traditionally housed the state secretariat has been closed for renovations and the offices have temporarily shifted to HRBC building in the neighbouring Howrah.

(Posted on 30-08-2014)

Share This Page:

Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign

Pisces | Aquarius | Capricorn | Sagittarius | Scorpio | Libra | Virgo | Leo | Cancer | Gemini | Taurus | Aries