Trim down your 'side fat'
Eliminate that extra padding on the sides of your waist by doing the right moves, eating well and moving around.
Celebrity trainer and nutrition expert Harley Pasternak suggests how to do away with love handles, reports people.com.
* Tone up: These three moves are excellent at toning the muscles that run along the side of the waistline.
1. Side bend on back extension bench: Start on your left side leaning against the centre inside of the back extension bench with both of your feet stacked together. Place your right hand against your right temple and let your left arm hang straight down. Slowly bend your torso down to the left, then move back to the right. Turn and do the same on the other side.
2. Side plank: Lie on your right side on the floor or a mat, placing your forearm in front of you and stacking your feet one upon the other. Exhale and raise your body, supporting it on your forearm and feet. Inhale, and contract your abdominal muscles. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds, depending upon your skill level. Return to starting position, and repeat, then do two planks while lying on your left side.
3. Standing dumbbell side bends: Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, right arm hanging down your side with a light weight (dumbbell or jug of water). Bend your left arm slightly so fingers are touching your left temple.
Start by tipping over like a tea pot toward your left side as you slide your right arm up your leg and your left elbow toward your left foot, then move in the opposite direction with the dumbbell sliding down your leg. Do an equal amount on each side.
* Eat better: Eating three meals and two snacks a day with protein, fiber and healthy fat is the best way to banish fat on your belly.
* Burn fat: Move all day. While you're on the phone, when you're waiting in line, when you're waiting for your coffee to brew, just move around.
(Posted on 28-08-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign