Court orders release of two Patna blast suspects
A special court in Bihar has ordered the release of two suspects in the October 2013 Patna serial blasts as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has failed to file a chargesheet against them, police said Tuesday.
"The court has ordered to immediately release two suspects - Mohammed Raju and Anil Pandey from Beur jail in Patna," a police official said here.
Both Raju and Pandey were arrested from Raipur in Chattishgarh after the Patna blasts.
"Both would be released from the jail either Tuesday or Wednesday," police said.
Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week.
At least six people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded near Gandhi Maidan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Lok Sabha election rally last year.
(Posted on 26-08-2014)
Information on States of India:
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: