New Delhi, Aug 22 IANS | 2 months ago

The child sex ratio in the capital registered an increase from 886 females per 1,000 males in 2012 to 895 in 2013, the Delhi government said Friday.


The infant mortality rate in Delhi (per thousand live births) saw a marginal dip from 23.93 during 2012 to 22.37 during 2013, said a report on Registration of Births & Deaths.

"The total numbers of births registered in the city during 2013 were 3.70 lakh as compared to 3.60 lakh during 2012 and 3.54 lakh during 2011," said a report prepared by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics for 2013.

"Of 3.70 lakh total registered births, 1.95 lakh (52.8 percent) were male and 1.75 lakh (47.2 percent) were female," said the report.

"About 81.75 per cent (3.02 lakh) were institutional births and remaining 18.25 percent (0.67 lakh) were domiciliary birth," the report added.

The total number of deaths reduced from 1.05 lakh in 2012 to 97,185 in 2013.

(Posted on 22-08-2014)

Share This Page:


Post your comments


Information on States of India:

Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal

INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:

Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |

KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:

Alappuzha | Ernakulam | Idukki | Kannur | Kasaragod | Kollam | Kottayam | Kozhikode | Malappuram | Palakkad | Pathanamthitta | Thiruvananthapuram | Thrissur | Wayanad |

TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:

Airports of India | Districts of India | India Pilgrim Centers | Tourism Map of India | National Highways in India | India Railway Routes |

INDIA CITY MAPS:

Ahmadabad | Bangalore | Chennai | Coimbatore | Delhi | Hyderabad/Secunderabad | Kochi | Kolkata | Mumbai | Pondicherry | Pune | Surat |