Indian Army has taken adequate steps to prevent Chinese incursion: Jaitley
Defence Minister, Arun Jaitley today described the reported news of Chinese incursion in Northern Ladakh as not accurate, and claimed that the Indian Army has taken adequate steps to deter any encroachment on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LoAC) that overlooks China.
"The army chief has already clarified yesterday that the incident which was being reported, did not appear to be very accurate. But of course, there have been cases where their patrols have been getting into areas which is perceived by us to be our territory, and therefore, our forces have been taking adequate action. And so far, we have not allowed them to encroach any part of our territory," Jaitley said.
"There are meetings which are held. The responses which the armed forces are taking are more than adequate to protect our territory," Jaitley added.
On Tuesday, Army Chief General Dalbir Suhag denied reports of Chinese troops entering 25 kilometers into Indian territory.
"There is nothing like that (no Chinese incursion)," said General Suhag on the sidelines of an event in the national capital.
The reported news of Chinese troops entering 25 to 30 km deep into Indian territory in Burtse area gained currency after last year, the Chinese had pitched tents in the area leading to a tense three-week standoff.
(Posted on 20-08-2014)