Dehra Dun, Aug 17 ANI | 4 months ago

Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has assured that the disaster that has swept the North Indian state is now under control. Heavy rains and subsequent landslides had severely affected the state, killing at least 22 people.

Speaking to ANI, Rawat said, "We are still receiving news from affected areas, but according to the reports that we have received so far, 22 people have died in this disaster."

He confirmed that the disaster is now under control.

Rawat further said, "It is a matter of great pain that our brothers and sisters have suffered so terribly and are stranded across the state (due to damaged roads). Most people need financial assistance for housing, education, water and health purposes."

Rawat also told ANI that in lieu of this tragedy, the state is preparing for any calamities in the future. "We are training volunteers to face these kinds of disasters," he said.

(Posted on 17-08-2014)

Share This Page: