Johannesburg, Aug 16 ANI | 3 months ago

Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal's management has said that the defending champion would decide early next week whether or not to play in the US Open, as he has been sidelined with a right wrist injury.

The world number two had been forced to pull out of the Toronto and the ongoing Cincinnati Masters with a wrist injury at the end of last month, Sport24 reported.

Nadal, who has won 14 Grand Slam titles, said that he had hurt his right wrist in training and needed up to three weeks rest.

The Spaniard has been pictured in practice in recent weeks wearing a brace to protect the injured area.

Nadal, the 2010 and 2013 champion at the US Open, hasn't played since his shock Wimbledon fourth-round loss to Australian teenager Nick Kyrgios, the report added.

(Posted on 16-08-2014)

Share This Page:


Post your comments