More than 400 children suffer from Ladoo poisoning in Kanpur
More than 400 children were taken ill today in the Chaubepur area of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh after consuming ladoos distributed to celebrate Independence Day.
"We had ladoo which were distributed in school. I started feeling unwell and was throwing up. I had to be brought to the hospital", said Sonam, a one child. "We were given ladoos to celebrate August 15. All of us who had taken the sweets are unwell", added Neha, another hospitalised.
Roshan Jacob, District Magistrate, Kanpur said an enquiry has been ordered into the matter and the owner of the shop from where the ladoo was procured has been arrested.
"I have ordered for the sampling of the ladoos. It is not the school to be blamed. The school had procured the ladoos from a famous shop of the area," said Jacob.
"The situation is under control. All the children are being treated. There is no casualty and there should be no causalities either", she added.
Ladoos from the same shop were distributed in four schools of the area.
(Posted on 15-08-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign