Prasar Bharti announces Independence Day coverage plans
India's public service broadcaster Prasar Bharti/Doordarshan has announced its coverage plans for this year's Independence Day.
According to an official release, Doordarshan will cover the Flag Hoisting Ceremony and Prime Minister Narendra Modi's address to the nation live from the ramparts of the Red Fort in Delhi from 7 a.m. onwards on Friday on all of its channels.
It will also broadcast President Pranab Mukherjee's message to the nation on the eve of Independence Day today at 7 p.m. The President's message in English will be followed by the Hindi version.
DD-News will record the President's message and will fax the text of the message to all of its centres for telecast in respective regional languages.
A suitable patriotic songs programme will be kept for any programme exigency.
The regional version of the President's message to the nation will be telecast between 8 p.m. and 8.30 p.m.
On Friday, the network transmission will begin at 6.25 a.m. to 08.30 a.m. (or till the end).
The details of celebrations are as under:
•"Mangal Dhwani" Shehnai recital by Ustad Bismillah Khan will be telecast from 6:25 a.m. to 06:30 a.m. followed by Vande Mataram at 6.30 a.m.(Network).
• Independence Day Celebrations 2014 live from DDK Delhi Studio from 06.30 .am. to 07.00 a.m. including visit to Samadhis by VVIPs(Network).
• Hon'ble Prime Minister's Flag Hoisting ceremony and address to the Nation will be from 07.00 a.m. to 08.30 a.m.(or till the end)(Network).
• DD-News will telecast Independence Flag Hoisting Ceremony 2014 with sign language interpretation on DD-News channel as has been done last year. Action Taken report in the matter may be sent to this Directorate for onward transmission to the I&B Ministry.......(MUST).
• The Flag Hoisting ceremony will be over by 8:30 a.m. Timings from 08:30 a.m. to 09:00 a.m. have been allotted for Regional Transmission. All Regional Kendra's will telecast Governor's/Chief Minister's Messages and Flag Hoisting Ceremony of the Respective States for Regional Telecast. Kendra's are requested to re-join National Network at 09.00 a.m. on 15/08/2014.
• The Prime Minister's recording of Flag Hoisting Ceremony and Address to the Nation will be repeat telecast at 11:00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Terrestrial as well as Satellite Mode on 15/08/2014(Friday). Repeat - All DDK's may kindly take note repeat telecast of PM's Address to the Nation will be taken on DD-National including RLSS of All DDK's. This telecast is also mandatory.
•Morning National News Bulletins being telecast at 6.55 a.m. to 7.30 a.m. stands shifted to 6.00 a.m. to 6.25 a.m. The duration of Hindi/English bulletins will be for 10 mts. each and News in Sanskrit for 5 mts. Hindi & English Bulletins will be telecast at 6.00 a.m. and 6.20 a.m. respectively followed by News in Sanskrit at 6.20 a.m. DDK Delhi will coordinate with DD-News for duration of News bulletins and proper accommodations.
• DDK, Delhi will organize the live OB. DDK Delhi will make full proof arrangements for uninterrupted and smooth transmission from the live OB spot, in case of any programme exigency like rains/drizzling.
• All DDKs may kindly take note that morning transmission from Ramparts of Red Fort, New Delhi and repeat telecast of Prime Minister's Flag Hoisting Ceremony and Address to the Nation will be taken on Terrestrial as well as Satellite Mode including RLSS Service. Any lapse on this will be viewed seriously. PR Unit, Cross Channel Publicity, Media Publicity and E-flyers Unit may release necessary publicity.
(Posted on 14-08-2014)