Sao Paulo, Aug 13 IANS | 4 months ago

Former FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho Gaucho is negotiating with Paulista club Santos a week after parting ways with Atletico Mineiro.

If the 34-year-old joins in, it will be the Vila Belmiro outfit's second major signing in a matter of days, following the arrival of Robinho at the end of last week, reported Xinhua.

The club are in negotiations with Ronaldinho's brother and agent, Roberto Assis, with sources close to the player saying that a basic salary has already been agreed, Globo Esporte said Tuesday.

Officially, however, Santos president Odilio Rodrigues denied there had been any contact with Ronaldinho and his representatives.

"Since the arrival of Robinho, several rumours have been circulating in the press concerning this club and the player Ronaldinho Gaucho. However, there have been no negotiations with the representatives of the player," he said.

Ronaldinho spent two years at Belo Horizonte club Atletico Mineiro. During that time he won the 2013 Copa Libertadores, the biggest prize in South American club football.

(Posted on 13-08-2014)

Share This Page:


Post your comments