Proposed changes to the Juvenile Justice Act, 2000
* The age of juvenile who has been accused of crimes such as rape and murder has been lowered to 16 from 18 years.
* Juvenile Justice Board to decide whether a minor will be tried in a regular court or sent to a correctional centre.
* The convicted juveniles may face a jail term but will not be awarded life sentence or death penalty.
* Clarity in the role and procedures of statutory structures such as Child Welfare Committees and Juvenile Justice Boards.
* Offences such as corporal punishment, ragging and using a child for vending, peddling, carrying, supplying or smuggling any intoxicating liquor, narcotic drug added.
* Faster adoption and setting up of foster care homes.
* Strengthening measures for adoption, including providing statutory status to the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA).
(Posted on 12-08-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: