Steps taken to end submarine accidents
The government said Friday that corrective steps have been taken to prevent further accidents involving submarines and naval warships that claimed 22 lives in over three years.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley also told the Lok Sabha that the financial loss due to these accidents had not been assessed so far.
He added in a written statement that lessons learnt from the board of inquiries constituted after the accidents had been implemented.
"Corrective steps have been taken by the naval headquarters with extensive checks on weapon related safety systems and audit of Standard Operating Procedures on all operational naval units," Jaitley said.
"Safety procedures and professional checks have been re-emphasised," he added.
The minister added that the lessons learnt from the accidents "have been incorporated into professional training.
"Safety audits of various units have been instituted and safety stand downs conducted."
(Posted on 08-08-2014)
Information on States of India:
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: