Kolkata, Aug 7 IANS | 1 year ago

As many as 70 children were admitted to a hospital in West Bengal's Hooghly district Thursday after they fell ill on consuming street food, an official said.

According to state health services director B.R. Satpathi, the children fell ill after consuming 'phuchka'.

They were initially admitted to Khanakul Rural Hospital.

"As many as 40 of them were referred to the Arambagh hospital. It was a case of food poisoning due to 'phuchka'. They are stable now," Satpathi told IANS.

(Posted on 08-08-2014)

Share This Page:

Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign

Pisces | Aquarius | Capricorn | Sagittarius | Scorpio | Libra | Virgo | Leo | Cancer | Gemini | Taurus | Aries