Melbourne, Aug 7 ANI | 4 months ago

The international investigation at the MH17 crash site in Eastern Ukraine has been suspended as danger in the area increases.

The Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced the suspension in the morning today saying that it was too risky to continue investigations, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Rutte said that the decision had been taken with mutual consent of Australia and Malaysia. He added that the victims' families had been informed.

He consoled the victims' families saying that the investigation was not over and that only one aspect had been put to break.

The Dutch PM also said that it would take three weeks before the bodies are recovered.

The Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) had worked towards ensuring a safe passage to the crash site for investigators.

According to reports, the number of bodies returned to the Netherlands would be clear once the analysis of 700 DNA samples is completed.

(Posted on 07-08-2014)

Share This Page:


Post your comments