Sydney, Aug 2 ANI | 5 months ago

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said that the identification of the bodies of MH17 crash victims could take several weeks.

According to News.com.au, Razak said, at his two-day visit to the Netherlands, that 126 coffins had been opened and examined by a multinational team so far.

Some Malaysians had also been identified among the dead but confirmations could take around two weeks, said the Malaysian PM. He added that the bodies would be brought home only after the identification process was completed.

He also assured that the bodies were being handled with dignity and that the whole process was being done thoroughly.

Along with the identification of bodies, investigators are also looking for evidence of the attack that brought down the MH17 aircraft.

(Posted on 02-08-2014)

Share This Page: