Be game for playful nails
Posted on Jul 26 2014 | IANS
New Delhi, July 26 : Let your nails look nail-o-licious by colouring them with pop hues or with the help of a few accessories.
Here are some tips from Ishika Taneja, make-up expert and executive director of Alps Beauty Clinics:
* Nail paints: The nail colours have undertaken a diversified journey from glossy-shimmery nail-polishes to bright yet subtle looking ones. Hot pink, red, orange, green and yellow, the market is full of bright nails possible.
One may also find convenient nail-pens, which makes the task of painting them easier. If you are bored of the usual texture of nail paints - go wild with velvet ones and nail-paints with foils - with a tendency to change its sheen.
* Nail art: A nail-do where two or more nail paints are mixed, makes way for a great nail-art. This is often done along with a few other nail-accessories that are used to enhance the look of your fingers.
* Nail extensions: Nail extensions are for those who complain of brittle, hence short nails; but if you yearn for longer-looking nails, you can go for this trend. Special acrylic powder and liquids are used to paste the natural looking long nails on the original ones.
* Nail piercing: Go for nail-piercing by getting nail accessories like butterflies, bows, stones, pearls and other studs pierced over your nail bed. The procedure is painless. If you would like to be on a little daring, you can opt for slightly long chains and accessories - which keep hanging beyond your nails.
* 3D nail art: Known as a more prominent sequel to nail-art, it is done using different coloured swarovski, bows, pearls, stones and chains. It is a shortened-up form of nail-piercing - where the frills attached on your nails last for a specified time period only.
Moreover, a lot of asymmetrical studs are often used to garnish the overall look of our nails in 3D nail-art - while some nails are left blank to add a dash of unevenness to the do. You can go all wild while choosing the hues for nail-paints and accessories or also keep it a bit simple. But remember to make sure that you don't go overboard with all the bling together.