London, July 22 ANI | 5 months ago

Tulisa Contostavlo's trial over drugs has been sagged, where she was accused by journalist at Sun of brokering a deal through a friend to supply Class A drugs.

The 26-year-old former N-Dubz singer had denied the charges and also got a clean chit after a judge told the jury that the case couldn't go further as they had strong grounds to believe that journalist Mazher Mahmood had "lied", BBC reported.

The evidence given by the newspaper reporter was about a statement his driver, Alan Smith, had previously given to police where he said that he had heard the singer talking disapprovingly about drugs.

However, the driver "changed his mind" following a conversation with Mahmood.

After the case's dismissal, the 'X Factor' judge urged the police to investigate the journalist and said that Mahmood was lying and tried to stop crucial evidence going before the jury.

She also claimed that she was tricked into believing that she was auditioning for a movie and was encouraged to act the part of a bad, rough, ghetto girl.

Mahmood had been suspended pending an internal investigation and the case of the singer's friend Mike GLC has been dropped.

(Posted on 22-07-2014)

Share This Page: