Pune, Jun 28 UNI | 1 month ago

An investigation into Dhabolkar murder case which was handed over to the CBI by Bombay High Court last year, is yet to begin.


The son of slain anti superstition activist Narendra Dabholkar, Hamid Dabholkar said there does not seem to be any progress in the murder investigation.

Hamid said the impression that he gets after speaking to the CBI investigators is that the agency is still studying the files and is yet to begin an on-the ground investigation.

The probe in the case was handed over to the CBI by the Bombay High Court after the state police failed to crack the case even after nine months since the investigation began.

"We do not know when the case will be cracked. The impression that I get from them (CBI) is that they are still studying the documents," the deceased son addded.

Meanwhile, the Maharashtra Andhrashradda Nirmulan Samiti (MANS) has decided to take its battle against superstition and exploitation in the name of faith onto a cultural front.

The organisation founded by late rationalist Narendhra Dabholkar, has tied up with theatre personality Atul Pethe to establish a 'Lok Rangmanch' which will stage circle shows in several districts of the state.

(Posted on 28-06-2014)