2013 Uttarakhand disaster: Rajnath reviews restoration
Home Minister Rajnath Singh Tuesday reviewed the progress of restoration work following the 2013 natural disaster in Uttarakhand, a home ministry statement said.
He reviewed the status in respect of the number of missing people and the progress in issuance of death certificates.
The minister laid emphasis on regular interaction among the stakeholders concerned and directed that all possible measures should be taken to avoid repeat of the tragedy.
The Uttarakhand government apprised Rajnath Singh of the situation, saying precautionary measures have been taken this year to avoid a repeat of last year's disaster.
The state government also said arrangements have been made for registration of pilgrims/tourists for regulating the yatra to avoid any eventuality.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) officials informed Rajnath Singh three-day advance weather bulletins would be issued for 14 identified locations in Uttarakhand from June 20 and these will be updated on 12-hour basis.
The IMD will also be taking steps to install three Doppler Weather stations in Uttarkashi, Nainital and Mussoorie.
The National Disaster Response Force has already prepositioned two teams in Srinagar and Almora in consultation with the state government, the statement added.
(Posted on 17-06-2014)
Information on States of India:
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: