Fire in cotton ginning mill in Maharashtra
A huge quantity of cotton costing around Rs two crore stocked at a private ginning mill at Paithan Tehsil of Aurangabad district was gutted in a major fire that broke out in the mill on Friday midnight. There were no reports of any loss of life.
According to sources from Paithan Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation police station, Meenakshi cottage private limited, a private ginning pressing mill located at Balanagar of Paithan Tehsil was destroyed at around 1245 hrs on Saturday. As soon as the fire broke out, the mill employee informed fire brigade as well as the police station. Following which two fire tenders from MIDC and two from Paithan Nagara Parishad rushed to mill.
However, a stock of around 10 thousand Quintal cotton estimated to be of Rs two Crore was reduced to ashes even before fire tenders reached the spot. Four machines were also gutted in the fire, said mill director Ajay Agrawal. Fortunately, no losses of life occurred in this incident.
Sources said flames emanated from one of the godowns of the ginning mill allegedly due to electrical short circuit. But police denied to reach at any conclusion as the investigation is at a preliminary stage.
(Posted on 24-05-2014)