What's in your bag this summer?
Much like wardrobes, the contents of a lady's handbag need to be revamped as the summer months set in. From sunscreen, tinted lip gloss to make-up base - your bag must have it all.
Experts from cosmetic brand Lakme have put together a list of must haves in your bag to beat the heat:
* Sunscreen: Sunscreen is undoubtedly the most important item in your summer bag, especially if you don't plan to spend the entire summer indoors. Toss a bottle into your bag and with that you throw out any worry of being exposed to the sun. Go for SPF 50 that gives your skin optimum protection against harmful ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.
* A tinted lip balm or gloss: Just like your skin, your lips are vulnerable to the harsh rays of the sun. Keep them healthy by using a lip balm with SPF. This not only protects your lips but also keeps them moisturized. Day or night, you will be able to protect your pout.
* Sunglasses: Another must-do is to wear a pair of sunglasses. A good pair will protect your eyes from the harmful effects of the UV rays. Plus, by shading yourself from the heat, it will keep you off those headaches you tend to get in the scorching heat. And what's even better is that the right pair of glasses can up your style quotient.
* Bottled water: It is absolutely essential to stay hydrated in the summer and a reusable water bottle is a must have. You can pick one that has fluid measurements printed on the bottle. This is the simplest way to keep track of how much H2O you are consuming and ensure those important eight cups every day.
* Make-up base: Go ahead and ditch your elaborate make-up kit! Instead of a compact or a primer, use the Lakme 9to5 Super Sunscreen this summer that acts as a perfect make-up base along with giving sun protection with SPF 50.
* Facial wipes: After a long, sweaty day in the sun, you will be thankful to have some facial wipes on hand. These provide a quick and easy way to refresh yourself as you transition from day to night. Wipe the slate clean and you'll feel brand new.
* Mini deodorant - One of the most obvious things you should keep handy is an anti-perspirant deodorant or a nice perfume. Now you do not want to keep your boyfriend away due to your body odour, right? During summer you will tend to perspire more and spraying a deodorant occasionally will only save you from any embarrassment and will keep you relieved.
* Sanitizer: Germs love the heat and sweat that summer brings along. Because bacteria flourish in warm and moist environments, summer is the time that food poisoning and food borne diseases are common. Always use hand sanitizer before you indulge in any snacking.
* Face mist - Use a face mist to feel fresh in an instant. Make your own - just put some rose water in a spray bottle and you're done! Just spray some on when you're tired.
Stock-up on one of each in your bag and you'll be summer-ready in no time!
(Posted on 21-05-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: