Indian's body in Oman yet to be sent home
Posted on Jan 28 2014 | IANS
Muscat, Jan 28 : The body of an Indian national, who was found dead Dec 30 in Barka, a town in northern Oman, with his throat slit, is yet to be flown home.
"Neither the Indian embassy nor the sponsor have been able to say when the body will be repatriated to Kerala," the Muscat Daily quoted Prasad Kallukuzi, a relative of the victim, Anil Kumar Gurunadhathody, as saying.
Kallukuzi had filed a complaint with the embassy alleging foul play in Gurunadhathody's death, as saying.
A senior embassy official told the newspaper that Gurunadhathody's labour contract visa had expired, causing the delay.
"Embassy officials are constantly in touch with the sponsor to clear the problems," the official said.
"We are trying to find his old civil card number since he had (previously) worked in Oman for some years before returning to join the company in Barka," the official added.
Gurunadhathody's sponsor said that he has requested the Indian embassy and authorities concerned to speed up the the procedure.