Genpact revenues up 4.8pc
Genpact Limited (NYSE
Key Financial Results - First Quarter 2014
• Revenues were $528.2 million, up 4.8% from $503.8 million in the first quarter of 2013. Revenues from Global Clients were up 7.1%, and business process management revenues from Global Clients were up 6.2%.
• Income from operations was $77.2 million, up 4.5% from $73.9 million in the first quarter of 2013.
• Net income attributable to Genpact Limited shareholders was $50.6 million, up 8.3% from $46.7 million in the first quarter of 2013. Net income margin for the first quarter of 2014 was 9.6%, up from 9.3% in the first quarter of 2013.
• Diluted earnings per common share were $0.21, up from $0.20 per share in the first quarter of 2013.
• Adjusted income from operations was $86.4 million, up 4.3% from $82.8 million in the first quarter of 2013.
• Adjusted income from operations margin was 16.4%, unchanged from the first quarter of 2013.
• Adjusted diluted earnings per share were $0.24, up from $0.23 in the first quarter of 2013.
N.V. 'Tiger' Tyagarajan, Genpact's president and CEO, said, "In the first quarter of 2014, Genpact delivered growth in revenues, adjusted income from operations, net income and earnings per share. The year is off to a good start as we execute on our growth strategy.
"During the quarter, we closed a large, new transformative engagement with an existing client that also adds capabilities in a targeted vertical, consumer packaged goods."
Revenues from Global Clients grew 7.1% over the first quarter of 2013. Business process management revenues from Global Clients grew by 6.2%, led by growth in the capital markets, consumer packaged goods, life sciences and healthcare verticals.
Revenues from Global Clients represented approximately 79.1% of Genpact's total revenues, or $418.0 million, with the remaining 20.9% of revenues, or $110.2 million, coming from GE. GE revenues declined 3.1% from the first quarter of 2013, adjusted for dispositions by GE of businesses that Genpact continues to serve as Global Clients.
In the 12 months ending March 31, 2014, 81 client relationships each contributed more than $5 million in annual revenue, up from 75 such relationships as of March 31, 2013.
This includes client relationships with more than $15 million in annual revenue increasing from 24 to 26, and client relationships with more than $25 million in annual revenue increasing from 12 to 13.
75.3% of Genpact's revenues for the quarter came from business process management services, compared to 76.2% in the first quarter of 2013. Revenues from IT services accounted for 24.7% of total revenues for the quarter, up from 23.8% in the first quarter of 2013.
Genpact generated approximately $14.2 million of cash from operations in the quarter, compared to $31.5 million in the first quarter of 2013. Genpact had approximately $567.3 million in cash and cash equivalents as of March 31, 2014.
Subsequent to the quarter, on April 8, 2014, we purchased $303 million in value of our common shares, or approximately 17.3 million shares, at a price of $17.50 per share.
As of March 31, 2014, Genpact had approximately 64,900 employees worldwide, an increase from approximately 60,200 as of March 31, 2013.
Genpact's employee attrition rate for the quarter was approximately 22%, measured from the first day of employment, down from 24% for the same period in 2013. Annualized revenue per employee for the quarter was $33,800, compared to $34,500 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Tyagarajan added, "2014 is a pivotal year for Genpact as we position ourselves for accelerated long-term growth. Our pipeline continues to be healthy, with good inflows of larger, transformative deals, as we continue to invest in client-facing teams and domain experts.
"We continue to expect 2014 revenues of $2.22 to $2.26 billion and adjusted income from operations margin in a range of 15.0 - 15.5%. Our guidance excludes our recent agreement to acquire Pharmalink Consulting, which we expect to close by mid-year."
(Posted on 07-05-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: