Chinese die in cargo ship gas leak near Kolkata
Two Chinese nationals died two days ago on board a cargo ship carrying coal for National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) at Sandheads near Kolkata after they breathed noxious fumes generated inside the cargo hold of the vessel, said sources on Tuesday.
According to official sources, the China made bulk carrier, Tuo Fu 3, was anchored at the Sandheads in the Bay of Bengal near Kolkata when the mishap occurred.
The coal inside the ship had led to formation of a noxious gas that claimed the two lives and led to hospitalization of two others, said officials.
The identity of the two Chinese victims were not immediately know.
The two other injured sailors are being treated in Kolkata.
The sailors collapsed immediately after entering the cargo hold with the coal, said officials.
(Posted on 22-04-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign