How to sleep sweat-free during summer nights
Posted on Apr 19 2014 | IANS
Los Angeles, April 19 : Getting a good night's sleep can get tough in summer due to overheating and sweat. So try using curtains smartly or wash your feet before slipping into bed for a sound nap.
Sleep expert Nerina Ramlakhan says "there needs to be a fractional temperature difference between our body and our brain - a warm body and a cool head."
"When the outdoor temperature rises this becomes more difficult but there are plenty of things you can do to beat the heat," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Ramlakhan as saying.
Here are some tips:
* Keep a plant mister containing water by your bed to spray on your face during the night.
* Stop your bedroom overheating during the day by keeping curtains and blinds closed.
* Wash your feet with cold water before getting into bed, and/or run your wrists under cold water.
* Place a wet flannel in the fridge for an hour or so before getting into bed and lay it on your forehead to help you drift off to sleep.
* Sleep in cool wet socks or even a damp T-shirt.
* Use light bed sheets.
* Finally, and most importantly stay well hydrated during the day and don't fret too much if you can't sleep. Use the time to rest and think positive thoughts, then you will be extra productive the day after.