Happy feet: Summer care tips
Summer is the time to show off your toes and your dainty feet, but it is also important to take care of them so you can flaunt them confidently.
The summer heat can make your feet dry and rough with the skin peeling off due to bad weather conditions. In order to keep your feet healthy, Blossom Kochhar, chairperson of Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies, offers a few tips to take care of feet:
* Shea butter: Shea butter can play a major role in taking care of chapped and neglected feet. Follow the given procedure to keep your feet healthy and glowing:
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10-15 minutes and cleanse your feet thoroughly by scrubbing properly with a sponge or a pumice stone to remove the dead skin, rough areas and calluses from under the feet.
- Change the water. Take another tub of warm water and add one teaspoon of shea butter to it.
- Soak your feet in it once again for 10 minutes.
- After that pat your feet dry with a towel.
- Then apply little amount of the shea butter on your feet thoroughly to keep it smooth and moisturised.
* Wear sunscreen: Don't forget to slather sunscreen on your feet, too! During the summer, feet are often forgotten when protecting skin from the sun. Protect your feet and remember to check them for sun damage when you do regular self-exams.
* Soak you feet: To bring the swelling down after a long, hot day, soak your feet in a tub of ice water for 15 minutes. Then pat dry with a towel. It will give a calming and easing sensation to the pain that you might experience from the swelling.
* Moisturise your feet: The skin on your feet needs moisture just like the rest of your body. To keep your feet soft and to prevent dry, cracking heels, use a foot cream regularly at night as part of your home pedicure routine.
* Buff off dead skin and calluses: Keep your feet looking their best by gently buffing off dead skin and calluses. After bathing or a relaxing foot soak, use a pumice stone to buff away calluses on your feet. Do not shave or cut corns or pop blisters; you could cause an infection.
* Use coconut oil: Keep some extra coconut oil handy and your feet will be happy even in summers. This oil has the ability to moisturise dry, rough skin. It nurtures skin cells and removes impurities in the skin. Leave it overnight and wear cotton socks and you will wake up with soft, beautiful feet.
* Choose breathable footwear - If you're prone to excessively sweaty feet, look for shoes made of mesh fabrics for maximum breathability.
(Posted on 16-04-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: