German tourist found dead in Odisha hotel room
A 23-year-old German tourist was Saturday found dead inside a hotel room in Odisha's beach town of Puri, police said.
Wischnewski Vincent Julian, a native of Rostock city, was found dead on his bed with over 50 percent burn injuries. He was staying in the hotel since April 3. The bed and foam mattress were burnt.
"It appears to be an accident. Probably, he left a lit cigarette unattended which later caused the fire," Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo told IANS. Puri is 56 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
Prescriptions and medicines found in his room indicated that he had an abdominal operation last year and was often suffering from chronic pain. He used to stay in the room for long hours under medication.
He was regularly consuming sleeping pills and other pain killers, police said.
(Posted on 12-04-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign