Corinthians reject Napoli loan move for midfielder Ralf
Posted on Jan 24 2014 | IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 24 : Corinthians have rejected a loan proposal by Napoli for midfielder Ralf, the Brazilian club revealed Thursday.
The Italian Serie A side was told Thursday that Corinthians would only consider releasing the 29-year-old on a permanent deal, reported Xinhua.
"There is no chance of a loan," Corinthians' football director Roberto Ximenes told Folha de S. Paulo.
"If there is a proposal to buy him, we will consider it. He still commands considerable market value. He has shown that with his performances on the pitch."
Ralf has won eight Brazil caps since his international debut in 2011. He made 36 league appearances for Corinthians last year and is seen as a key part of the club's 2014 plans under new coach Mano Menezes.