Technology help for independent trip planning
If one goes by a study, about 67 percent of Indian travellers like to be independent while planning trips. In such cases, you can make technology your friend as it can provide information on places to visit, activities to indulge in and much more.
India's travel planning and search engine ixigo.com has revamped its trip planner product. Some of the new features include expanded content coverage and ability to add new places and pictures.
"Travellers have become more independent than ever. A recent survey we conducted among frequent travellers revealed that 67 percent like to plan their trip themselves.
"With our relentless focus on mobile, semantic search, depth of content and user-generated photos, ratings and reviews, we are well positioned to become the brand of choice for Indian travellers looking for smarter travel research and planning tools and trustworthy travel information," Rajnish Kumar, chief technical officer and co-founder of ixigo.com said in a statement.
Here's a list of new features:
* Street view of monuments: The site has integrated the Google street view feature to offer 360-degree view of historical monuments. This will help to get panoramic views of key monuments and historical sites in India.
* Expanded content coverage: It now covers tourist information of over 5000 Indian cities, towns and hill stations. It provides information including names, addresses, locations, photos, opening timings, prices, detailed tourist guides for over 63000 places to visit, 17000 activities and things to do, 16000 hotels, 5000 nature and wildlife spots and over 5000 tips from travellers.
* Finding restaurants across the country: There are over 65000 restaurants across India on its website and apps. ixigo also offers Near Me location-based mobile feature in its app that helps people explore local places to dine at, stay in the city they are in.
* Ability to add new places and pictures: Travellers can now add interesting places to visit, hotels, restaurants and even photos making the website more comprehensive.
* User generated ratings and reviews: Users of ixigo can easily rate and review a place they visited on the website or on the ixigo apps for android and iOS. ixigo already offers over 175,000 reviews and over 23,000 ratings of places.
* Review of trains and train stations: The ixigo trains app now provides users with the ability to rate and review trains, platforms and facilities while on the go.
(Posted on 21-03-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: