Take make-up cues from foreign ramp for spring
Take ideas off the international ramp to get your make-up right in the spring season, says an expert.
Here are some tips by Virginia Holmes, make-up artist and co-founder of Fat Mu Academy. She has shared a few beauty trends straight from the runway for the coming season:
* Minimal, lightly prepped skin all the rage, started in New York, followed through to London, Paris and Milan. Less is more as we all know.
* Strong brows, berry stained lips, subtle grey smoke works a good combo for muted glam.
* Fake lashes are rocking the international catwalks. Pale those lips down to keep it 1960s inspired. Bigger the better.
* Glitter on lips or sparsely spread in cool colours on the eye area. Match it with flawless skin and nude lips for maximum effect.
* Looks are generally tending to be more muted. A flash of colour on the bottom lash line is a great pop though. There has been use of bright turquoise on the runways.
(Posted on 04-03-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign