Amy Adams wins best movie line title for 'American Hustle'
London, Feb 27 : Amy Adams has been named the winner of a "best movie line" title of the year for one of her dialogues in "American Hustle".
The winning line is "You're nothing to me until you're everything" delivered by Adams, as con artist Sydney Prosser, to her lover (Christian Bale) in "American Hustle".
The line comes at a time when her character vents her frustration that she can't have him completely because he's married to another woman.
Her line is the winner in a global poll to pick both the best Hollywood movie lines of the past year (2013) - conducted across eight English-speaking countries by Badoo.com, a social network for meeting new people.
The second place in the poll goes to George Clooney for a line in "Gravity". He delivers the line when his fellow astronaut, essayed by Sandra Bullock, looks to him in terror for her life and he responds, "I know you never realised how devastatingly good-looking I am. But I need you to stop staring and help me with the tether".
The third on the list is from "Rush" - "Happiness is your biggest enemy. It weakens you. Puts doubts in your mind. Suddenly you have something to lose."
Badoo.com also asked users to vote for the worst movie lines of the year.
The winner was the line, "Marvin, is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket?" - delivered by Bruce Willis as Frank to John Malkovich as Marvin in action comedy "Red 2".
The second spot is occupied by Jonathan Pryce's dialogue as the President in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation": "They call it waterboarding, but I never get bored."
The third was uttered by Asa Butterfield as Ender Wiggin in "Ender's Game": "In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him."
* Best Movie Lines:
1. You're nothing to me until you're everything - Amy Adams as con artist Sydney Prosser in "American Hustle"
2. I know you never realised how devastatingly good-looking I am. But I need you to stop staring and help me with the tether - George Clooney as astronaut Matt Kowalski in "Gravity"
3. Happiness is your biggest enemy. It weakens you. Puts doubts in your mind. Suddenly you have something to lose! - Daniel Bruhl as racing driver Niki Lauda in "Rush".
4. Who the hell is Julius Caesar? You know I don't follow the NBA! - Will Ferrell as anchorman Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman 2"
5. My name is Jordan Belfort. The year I turned 26, as the head of my own brokerage, I made 49 million dollars, which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week - Leonardo di Caprio as financier Jordan Belfort in "The Wolf of Wall Street"
6. Who do I have to sleep with around here to get a Stoli martini with a twist of lemon? - Cate Blanchett as down-at-heel socialite Jasmine in "Blue Jasmine".
* Worst Movie Lines:
1. Marvin, is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket? - Bruce Willis as Frank in "Red 2"
2. They call it waterboarding, but I never get bored - Jonathan Pryce as the President in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation"
3. In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him - Asa Butterfield as Ender Wiggin in "Ender's Game"
--IANS (Posted on 27-02-2014)
Share this Post:
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: