Lonely Planet names Rajasthan's Mihir Gahr as world's most extraordinary hotel
Mihir Gahr in Rajasthan, India, has topped Lonely Planet's list of top ten places to stay in the world.
Lonely Planet's writer James Kay said that few hotels are created without compromise and Mihir Gahr is a rare example as this is not just a unique place to stay, but a shrine to the artistic and architectural traditions of Rajasthan in general and Jodhpur in particular, News.com.au reported.
Planet Baobab in Gweta, Botswana and Prendiparte B 'n' B in Bologna, Italy concluded the top three hotels.
The full list of winners:
1. Mihir Gahr, Rajasthan, India
2. Planet Baobab, Gweta, Botswana
3. Prendiparte B 'n' B, Bologna, Italy
4. Qasr Al Sarab, UAE
5. Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, TAS, Australia
6. Free Spirit Spheres, British Columbia, Canada
7. Taskonak Hotel, Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey
8. Thonga Beach Lodge, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, South Africa
9. Saugerties Lighthouse, New York state, USA
10. The Gibbon Experience Treehouse, Bokeo Reserve, Laos
(Posted on 19-02-2014)