Fashion tips for a stylish work wardrobe
Dresses, shirts, skirts, trousers and suits - the fashion possibilities for working women are endless and with the rights colour and textures, they can make a statement, says an expert.
Kate Angliss, head of merchandise at fashion e-tailer Kaleidoscope, has listed her top tips on looking stylish at work, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Colour: When we think of work wear, we often think of dull drab black, white, and greys- but think again. Colour is a great way to inject some personality into your work wardrobe so try wearing a colourful top or trouser to add a wow factor to your outfit. Alternatively, try using accessories to add colour with a statement necklace or bag for a more subtle option.
* Pattern: This season is all about prints, so why not wear them at work? Try wearing a printed skirt or a pair of trousers with a plain top and heels for a glam and very on trend look at work. Opt for smaller patterns for a more flattering look and this will also ensure your outfit is still ultra-professional.
* Heels: Heels are a must-have for any stylish work wardrobe. Not only do they give you confidence, but they also improve posture, making you stand taller. Team them with a dress, skirt or trousers, they are extremely versatile and will finish any outfit off perfectly.
* Statement bag: Every working woman needs a statement bag to compliment her outfit. Look for a structured bag inspired from the likes of Prada, Chloe and Celine as great examples of classic bags that will last you a lifetime.
* Accessorise: Everyone knows that accessories can transform an outfit, so why not add accessories to your work wardrobe? Go for big bold necklaces with simple shirts for a professional and on trend look.
(Posted on 15-02-2014)